HajRegistration for Haj
- Eligibility Requirements
- Singapore citizen or permanent resident
- 18 years of age or above
- Applicant below 18 years old must apply together with an application by one of his parents, or his legal guardian, to be registered at the same time
- Female applicant below 45 years old must apply together with her accompanied Mahram*
- Female applicant below 45 years old can register at the age of 40 for Hajj year offered when they reach 45 years old
- Repeaters can only register again after a 10-year lapse from their last Hajj (i.e. 11th year) (*) Mahram means a male consort (husband for a married female and for female single, the waris according to Islamic lineage starting with the father
- Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and application procedures prescribed by Muis
- Application is subject to the rules and regulations imposed by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Applicants must ensure that the Terms and Conditions of Muis’ Hajj registration have been fully met before registering their application for Hajj
- Failure to meet the Terms and Conditions of Muis’ Hajj registration will disqualify the application
- The applicant shall at all times indemnify and keep indemnified Muis fully and completely against all claims, damages, expenses or costs (including those asserted by third parties) arising directly or indirectly from his acts, errors or omissions
- Muis may, from time to time, change its Terms and Conditions of Hajj registration and impose such terms and conditions as it thinks fit without prior notice
- Muis will review all applications if it is deemed necessary
- The decision of Muis in respect of all matters shall be final.
- Muis will exercise some flexibility and make exceptions for repeaters who have performed the Hajj less than 10 years, from their last Hajj, due to special circumstances as follows :
- Repeater can register if he is a mahram of first timer female applicant below 45 years old who is eligible to go based on allocation
- Repeater needs to render assistance to their immediate family members due to extenuating circumstances (aged, sick or disabled) and who are first timer applicants and are eligible to go based on allocation. Such cases will be considered on a case-to-case basis. For this, the repeater must appeal for Muis’ consideration before his registration is accepted. The appeal form must be completed and returned to Muis
Muis may refuse to approve an application made if:
- the application is not made in such form and manner as Muis thinks fit and shall be accompanied by a Hajj administration fee of $256.80 (inclusive of GST) or with the rules and regulations imposed by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- the application contains false or misleading information
- the applicant has performed the Hajj less than 10 years, before the year of the Hajj that is the subject of the application, or
- he quota allotted by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the year of the Hajj that is the subject of the application has been taken in full.
- Applicants must register individually. Application by proxy is allowed if the person is authorised by the applicant. The applicant’s proxy must produce his NRIC for verification during registration
- Applicants must produce their identity card (or other identification documents such as passport) and the relevant supporting documents if necessary
- Registration only needs to be made once
- The applicant will be given the “Allocated Hajj Year” upon registration if they meet the eligibility requirements and the prevailing terms and conditions of Muis’ Hajj registration
- Application can be made through the following :
- Muis’ Customer Service Counter (Register at Muis’ office at Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, Singapore Islamic Hub, 273 Braddell Road Singapore (579702)
- On-line (currently, site is under upgrading)
- Downloading the application form.
Performing Hajj Through Lembaga Tabung Haji or Other Country
- Applicants who wish to perform Hajj through Lembaga Tabung Haji, Malaysia or other country must apply and register with Muis to get a 'Release Letter'
- The applicants must fulfil the conditions imposed by Lembaga Tabung Haji or the country that they will depart from
- Each application is subject to a nominal fee of $64.20 (inclusive of GST) upon registration
- Applicants must make their own Hajj visa and quota arrangements with Lembaga Tabung Hajji or the Saudi Embassy at the country of departure.
Last Update on: 24 May 2017